Friday, September 17, 2010

Sept 2010 Whale Watch


Sept 2010 Whalewatch-39.jpg
Originally uploaded by ChathamGardens

I have been on whale watches many times, three times just this year. Each time is a totally different experience and each time I am overwhelmed with the beauty and majesty of these gorgeous creatures of our oceans.

After we had been out for close to two hours, I mentioned to my friends who joined me for the boat trip that the one thing I had never seen and hope to see soon is a breaching whale. Less then 15 minutes later we saw multiple breaches in less the 10 minutes and it was the most amazing thing I had ever experienced on a whale watch.

I almost forgot to focus the camera to take the picture; I was so in awe of what I was seeing. But I was fortunate to capture a few pictures of these graceful giants putting on a show as if the boat company had payed them to entertain the passengers. And it was a show none of us will ever forget.

And yes, I am going out again one more time this year in October. I'll bring gloves.

No comments: